Picture this: You have a Power App gallery which contains employee name text data using Power Fx formula
Next, you want to change the text format from “Peter Gibbons” to, say, “Gibbons, Peter”.
However, you’re not (yet) a Power Fx guru. What can you do???
Well, a feature which I’ve found useful is Power Apps Ideas which allows you to transform examples to Power Fx formulas by using the power of AI models.
In this article, I will show you how to how to use Power Apps Ideas. This is how it works:
- In your gallery, select a text control:
- Go to the properties pane Ideas tab:
- Change the text to the format you want. In this case, I’ll change the text from “Peter Gibbons” to “Gibbons, Peter”:
- Click the “Get ideas” button to generate the Power Fx formula:
- Click the “Apply” button to apply the Power Fx formula to the text control:
- Check the gallery to ensure the effect is what you expect!
Here are some examples generated by Power Apps Ideas:
|Power Fx Formula||Example|
Also, if you select a control and get the following message, click the “Learn more” link for more info.
Power Apps Ideas reference: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/power-apps-ideas
If this has been useful, feel free to share with others. Thanks for stopping by! 😊